Friday, August 14, 2015

Peace Out, Summer 2015

 With my twinnies going back to school this coming week, I figured now would be a good time to wrap up my summer on the blog with a little reflection! I graduated at the end of April so my first post-grad summer has been a pretty long one! During these past 3.5 months, I feel like a lot as happened. I've done some typical Atlanta summer things like going to Braves games, various little festivals, and drank on my fair share of patios, but I think the most exciting part of this past summer was definitely my trip to Canada for two weeks in June.


Previous to this trip, I'd never gone out of the country solo. I mean, it's not like I flew to Europe alone or anything but still! I didn't meet up with my friends until we all got into Winnipeg so I was kind of nervous about doing the whole Customs thing alone but it was a lot easier than I thought. I took the lead on planning this two week excursion for my friends and I think I did a pretty good job! Most things went off without a hitch and I'm pretty proud of that. 


Being at the World Cup is an experience that I'll never forget. I've been to plenty of soccer games in my life but these games were on a totally different level. I think the best part of attending the 6 games was seeing the different supporters from all of the countries. The Nigerian fans were so incredibly enthusiastic and so nice, same goes for the China/Japan/New Zealand/Australian fans. And of course, seeing the USA fan support was unprecedented. Not only did USA fans sell out hotels in Winnipeg, but so many more drove into Canada to see the USWNT play. We saw license plates from all over the country and it was seriously just amazing to see the stadium to practically transform into a USA home game. The fact that we went on to win the whole tournament just makes my memories of the trip even more exciting. My friends and I were a part of the journey and that's honestly something that will bond us together forever. We're already beginning to lay out plans for France in 2019 and even though a lot can change in four years, I truly hope that our friendships remain the same and we can experience a 2nd World Cup together as a trio!


No summer recap is complete without talking about these sweet boys. Between my trip and their own little vacations, we've spent about the same amount apart as we have together. I love my job so much and I'm incredibly thankful that I have the opportunity to influence their little lives in a small way. We have gotten to go on some fun adventures together, explore places in Atlanta, and meet new friends. Because my job with these guys, I've met so many new nanny friends that have become more than just people to go on play dates with. I cannot believe that I am about to enter my THIRD school year with them. I'm so excited to see them learn new things in the coming school year and just grow as little humans. My job is truly a blessing.

Graduation, travel, lots of soccer, and a ton of time with the twins--my summer in a nutshell! 

What has your summer been like?

xo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments so that I make sure to see ALL of them :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!!

-Sara xx