Monday, August 10, 2015

Makeup Favorites!!

I don't wear makeup. On a daily basis, my makeup consists of a LUSH moisturizer and lip balm. Seriously. I've never been the kind of girl require a full face of makeup to go outside of the house (except I DO always need my hair to look good) so I'm honestly not even that good at applying my own makeup. That being said, when I do wear makeup (2 times a month, maybe??), I need products that I know will work well. I used to pick up mainly drug store products but those just don't work for me. When I need to have makeup on, it's usually for an event or night out so it needs to look good

Before went on my trip to Canada earlier this summer, I went to Sephora and spent about 2 hours picking out makeup with one of their consultants. Let me tell you, these products are honestly amazing. They're seriously fool proof. Since I don't wear makeup often, it's also important for me to feel confident with it on (weird, shouldn't it be the opposite?!) and with these products, I always feel amazing!! So, let's get into it!! (ps- none of the following links are affiliated in any way)


Years ago, I used a primer by Benefit but I turned out to be allergic to it. Since then, I'd steered clear of using primers. However, since I need my makeup to last a long time, a primer is pretty imperative. I LOVE the Smashbox photo finish primer! It goes on easily, dries quickly, and really does help keep my foundation in place.


It was important for me to have a foundation that was full coverage but also versatile enough to be worn on light makeup days. I've used this foundation for events and just for when I wanted some coverage and it has totally delivered! I use this brush from Tarte to apply it. I'm in the shade "N128".


I have the WORST bags under my eyes, even when I get quality rest *insert crying emoji* so having a concealer that can tackle those without making my under-eyes look cakey, was important. I LOVE this NARS radiant creamy concealer so much. I'm in the shade "medium 1 custard".


If your eyeshadow ever creases or cakes, you NEED this. I know there's now a bunch of different variations of the UD Primer Potion but the Original works great for me.


I am obsessed with this palette. I always am very simple with my eye makeup so the Naked 2 basics is a godsend. I remember getting the huge Naked 3 palette when it came out (mainly because of the hype) and I was so overwhelmed by all the choices that I ended up returning it. This palette is much more my speed.


Benefit mascara... duh. I remember seeing one of my favorite bloggers Nicole aka Stone Cold Betch rave about the Roller Lash so this was a no brainer.


My eyes are VERY sensitive and this eyeliner is a dream to apply. It's so smooth and pigmented. 


My face is always a few shades lighter than the rest of my body so bronzer is beyond necessary. I love the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil and I use the medium matte shade.


I actually purchased this highlighter after my trip because I'd seen a lot of girls raving about it on twitter. It's the Jaclyn Hill champagne pop highlighter and it totally lived up to the hype! I think it's limited edition so if you don't have it, I'd order quick.


Lip glosses > lipstick. I love this UD Naked lipgloss in Beso. It works so well for both day and night.


Lastly (seriously, if you read this whole post, you get a gold star) is my finishing spray! I prefer more dewy looks over matte so this is perfect for me. I've only used it a few times but it really does help set everything in place.

So there you have it!! What are some of y'alls makeup favorites?

xo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments so that I make sure to see ALL of them :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!!

-Sara xx