Thursday, August 13, 2015

Fort Building > Adulting

There's something about a blanket fort that brings total security and calmness. I remember always building forts as a kid and they were sacred little places where you could just do whatever you wanted and escape the world. I hadn't built one in YEARS so when I had a day off last Friday, I figured why not? 


It also happened to be July 31st aka Harry Potter's birthday so having a movie marathon PLUS a fort seemed like the perfect way to spend an afternoon. So I did just that. I gathered my supplies and got to building. Let me tell you, this was harder than I remembered it as a kid! It took me a solid hour to get this fort exactly the way I wanted (air mattress and twinkly lights included) but it was well worth it. I watched the first 3 movies and had to call it a day. Eventually I did have to come out of my fort and be a human being again but for a good part of the day, I was so content just watching movies and relaxing inside the fort.

I'm a firm believer in taking time for yourself. We all spend so much of our lives busy and stressing about life that we don't take the time to slow down and just appreciate life's little treasures. For me, it was the nostalgia of building blanket fort that helped me slow down and hit the reset button. Plus, it's also just fun to be a kid again for a few hours. 

xo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments so that I make sure to see ALL of them :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!!

-Sara xx