Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Exploring Winnipeg! |WWC '15 Experience|

As I've mentioned before, I went on a two week long trip to Winnipeg, Manitoba for the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was an amazing experience and I seriously cannot believe it has been close to 2 months since I was there :/ I plan on doing a sort of reflection post soon on my personal WWC experience but also about the USWNT winning the damn thing (still in shock, not gonna lie) so stay tuned for that!!

Since we were going to be in Winnipeg for 2 weeks, we went ahead and rented a car. When I went to pick it up, I was a little disappointed in the original car that was offered so after a little bit of negotiation, the Hertz guy presented me with an offer that I could NOT refuse and this was the result...


Driving around Winnipeg in this Jeep was an absolute dream. I love Wranglers so much and cannot wait to own one of my own in the future. 

When we weren't attending games, we spent a lot of time going to various landmarks in the city. We visited the Winnipeg Zoo, which was a lot of fun. We picked a decent day to go because it wasn't too crowded or too hot outside. My favorite part about the zoo was their polar bear exhibit! Zoo Atlanta doesn't have polar bears so it was such a treat to see them up close. Throughout the grounds, there were at least 5 different peacocks just walking about which was also really fun to see. 


In addition to the zoo, we spent the better part of an afternoon walking around a place called The Forks! It's a market with a bunch of different little shops and restaurants around. It's also situated next to a river, which included a ton of different walking trails. We had breakfast at our favorite spot (The Pancake House) and then walked for at least 2 miles in a loop around the river. 


All in all, Winnipeg was a nice city to call home for two weeks! It was full of hidden gems such as a coffee shop called Fools & Horses and also a bakery called Jenna Rae Cakes (best macarons I've ever had, seriously).



I can't wait to share with y'all my game day experiences and also a more personal reflection on the tournament as a whole!

xo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments so that I make sure to see ALL of them :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!!

-Sara xx